Sunday, April 7, 2013

January 14, 2013

Hi family,

It has been a while since I have written a family email. but I had something I wanted to say. yesterday in church we talked about the blessings of the temple. so I thought of everything that has ever happened to me in the temple, like baptisms for the dead, endowment, going to the visitors center, and even just singing about the temple in primary. and I remembered all of the times that Mom and Dad would go one day out of the whole month to go to the temple and we would usually be baby sat by stephanie or allison. I was just thinking about how we always felt so good, while our parents were in the temple. even we were blessed just sitting at home watching a movie or playing video games or in my case teasing family members. haha there is a pretty cool scripture in 2 nephi 5:16 and 27. the first scripture talks about how Nephi wanted to build a nice temple that they had put a lot of work into to build and then in 27 it says that they lived in a happy way. lol I am kind of translating the scriptures from spanish to english so if you want to really know what it says you gotta read it. but this scripture is soo true. and as our ward was talking about the temple trip that they wanted to do, I felt really greatfull for my parents who had taught me by there awesome example. I elder Gibbs being born of goodly parents 1 Nephi 1:1. I also like the scripture in 1 Nephi 2:15. and my father dwelt in a tent. just some super awesome scriptures. In this past week. we taught the Lanche family about the plan of salvation. I could feel the spirit as we taught about the premortal life. we taught them that God loves each and everyone in their family so very much and he desires that we are happy. it was great and I could feel the spirit. my new companion is from Peru and is a spiritual giant. its pretty cool. also I am still keeping up on my excersizes! I am feeling skinny tony! lol well I love you! hope that you are all doing well I am doing fine! I hope that this week to come is even better than the last!

chau chau
Elder Gibbs

Pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment