Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 1, 2013

Hello Family,

I just wanted to tell you all how much I love you and thank you for all the support and encouragement that you guys give me. I have missed you all a ton but it wasnt a challenge being on the mission because I knew that everything at home was alright. I cant believe all the crazy things that happened this week. I cant wait to see you all. and I cant believe that I am now in my last week on the mission.

my goal is to work as hard as I can until the end and keep going when I get home. I want all the changes that I made to myself on this mission to stay the same. I love the feeling I have on this mission and I am going to miss it a lot. The people here are super great! course they all have their own special challenges but they are all just sooo great. I hope to be able to work hard this week but people keep inviting me to Asados (barbaques) to say goodbye to me. lol they are so awesome here. 

Also, another experience that strengthened my testimony was when we taught another investigator. We were talking about getting baptized and stuff and something that worried the man we taught was being able to keep all of the commandments after baptism. We read a scripture in 2 nephi 31:18-21 about how Christ gives us the power to repent even when we mess up. I shared my testimony of Christ and I felt the spirit and soo sure of what I was saying. it was awesome! 

life in our apartment is going crazy because the two latino missionaries in our apartment like to play pranks. lol they always lock people in the bathroom. lol My companion tried to lock me in the bathroom but I thought ahead and made a way so I could get out by putting a card in the lock. lol the look on my companion was priceless when i emerged from the bathroom.  

I love you all lots! I will see you all in a week! 
Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment