Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May 21, 2012 [with Pictures!]

[Email Subject Line: There is a drunk man on my doorstep!!!]


Hey family,
We had another great week! we didnt have too many weird things happen to us. lol on thing that did happen to us was yesterday on the way to church we found a drunk man past out right in front of our doorstep. we quietly stepped over him, shut the door, nudged him with our foot to see if we would wake up, and left on our way to church. it was pretty random just to find this sleeping dude right in front of the doorway. 

This week we found an awesome family. called the distilio family. We have been answering their questions and they have been growing in their faith. its awesome! they even want to go to church but they might have to quit their jobs to go to church. but oh well. we invited this member girl to come visit them with us and she came. it was so funny. she got so nervous. she didnt want to go at first but once she got inside she loved teaching them and helped us soo much. we sang them Nearer my God to thee while she sang and played the guitar. She is just like my little sister lol. always singing and playing the guitar. but when we finished the mom nearly was crying and the dad was just silent. they told us later that they felt really good when we came over which was the Holy Ghost. 

Alexis was also baptized this week which was super awesome! he was way nervous to get baptized but was really happy when he was confirmed a member. Another person on his way to the celestial kingdom. I am so glad that we are able to help people soo much! I have a strong testimony of this work and I am going to keep doing my best to serve God. today is pday and so my comp and some other missionaries went to pass the football around at the park. I went to go catch the ball and something really weird happened. the ball was flying straight to my arms and then some how it drilled me in the face and gave my a fat lip. lol just my luck!!!! well I love you all and I got to go! talk to you all later!

Bye!
Elder Gibbs




No comments:

Post a Comment