Tuesday, June 5, 2012

April 30, 2012

[Email Subject: We got robbed!!!]


Hey family,


So this week has been a little crazy! I had to say good bye to all my friends in Galvez: Mariel, Oscar, Monica, Marcia, and everyone. it was sad! I am really missing them and I really miss Galvez. in Galvez I could walk in the most dangerous part of the city and nothing would ever happen. San Nicolas is a lot different. we have to be out of some areas at 7 o´clock because it gets dangerous. I miss the small cities.


The second day we got here we got robbed. lol talk about a nice welcome to San Nicolás. We were walking down this street at night and we noticed that nobody was around. these two guys then ran up behind us saying they had a gun and that we had to give them our cellphone, camera, money and expensive stuff. So I gave them what I had which was 7 pesos. talk about a lot of money. that is about two dollars. they were pretty depressed when they found out that that was all we had to give them. lol all that work for 7 pesos! we had left our cameras and phone in our apartment. so they let us go and told us to take another street. so we left and apparently they did not have a gun at all. but it still kind of shook me up a bit. but it was a good experience. lol I am not going to walk down that street again.


Also we were able to teach a 10 year old of a recently activated member and we will be able to baptize him in a week or two. He likes to draw cars and motorcycles and he drew us some pictures! we also are going around meeting the members and doing a lot of contacting. the ward here has 100 people. lol my comp and I were so surprised to see so many people come to church. we were shocked because we came from places were there were like 15 to 20 people that came to church. but I still miss Galvez a ton. I miss Mariel a lot and her family and everyone! they are soo great! I will send photos we took when I left Galvez.
Also my new companion was not able to come. he is stuck in America because of his visa. so I was put with an Elder Farley from utah. and he is way cool!  we are having an alright time in San nicolás. they have this pizza store next to us that sells pizza cones. a pizza cone is like a icecream cone but made out of bread and then filled with cheese and pizza ingredients! its soooo good! well I love you all! we are having a lot of fun being missionaries and helping people! love you all! have a great week and dont get robbed!


Chau,
Elder Chris Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment