Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012


Hi family,
we had just a superb week! it was quite awesome! Elder Farley and I are getting transfered. well he is. I am staying in San Nicolás. the reason is because the new missionaries are arriving today. so finaly I will be training. I have been super blessed on my mission to have all really good comps. I have learned from each and everyone. Elder Farley is a real bold missionary. He is not afraid of anything. also he really loves people. That is what I have learned and loved about this companion. Elder Farley is going with his new missionary to Rosario. lol he kind of got some bad luck on transfers cause he hates Rosario. but he is going anyway. lol and I am staying here in San Nicolas. Which is way cool cause we are supposed to be having a batpism on Saturday for a lady named florentina. She is 84 years old! Her main problem about getting baptized was her fear about water. but she over came that fear and she saw how the gospel is blessing her life and now she wants to get baptized. she is so happy now and is recieving a ton of blessings. 

we are seeing a ton of miracles here in San Nicolas. All of Florentina´s neighbors say that Florentina is a lot happier. also by the power of God she is finding solutions for her day to day problems. I am so happy that I have always had the gospel in my life and that I have always been blessed soo much. so if she passes the interview on Sautrday morning she will be baptized in the afternoon. one thing that she asked is that the water be super warm! she hates cold water! so we laughed and said course Flor we will heat the water for you. dont worry about a thing. She is such a cute older lady. we were over talking to her and she started singing to us an spanish song. we clapped after the song and she was just delighted. it was so funny. she got really excited and started talking real fast. also something way cool that happened this week happened while we were at church. so Elder Farley and I were waiting out front of the church and a lady came up to us. I thought that she was a member. so I opened the door for her and welcomed her in. she kind of paused while at the door and asked, ¨who are the Elders. I was told to talk to them.¨ and I was like´´ we are the elders what do you need.´´ she wanted to talk. aparently she had passed through many hardships and recently her son had died in a terrible car crash. She wanted to know if it was her fault that her son had died. we told her no, that it was just in the will of God that her son returned. we taught her the plan of salvation and told her were her son was and that everything was alright. She then stayed for church. it was awesome. we taught her yesterday and she told us that she already recieved an answer that the church was true!!! so awesome! some aweosme things are happening. I love you all. we got to go!
see ya all later.
Elder Chris Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment