Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 27, 2011


What is up fam!

This week has been pretty crazy! And especially today. Lol so many things to do on this preparation day. Tomorrow we have transfers and I am being moved to a smaller city in Santa Fe. Lol I forgot the name of the city. I am really stoked to be able to go there and teach the Gospel!!!! 

Oh and so today, I was preparing everything so I will be able to leave tomorrow. I first woke up early and got ready and then Elder Stull and I went to pick up my clothes and run some errands. We have like 5 missionaries visiting in our apartment last night. Lol I slept on the floor. Lol that was fun. So my companion stayed to guard the pench. We came back, and I had to go talk to the owner of the apartment because she was having people to come put in some fans in the apartment. There are now fans. I was so proud with myself cause I talked to her totally in Spanish! And was able to understand it. But ya and so now I am going to be going to visit the families that I will be leaving to say goodbye one last time. Lol I hope I don't cry. 

This week has been pretty good. We have been visiting a lot of the members that have not been coming to church which has been alright. We found this really odd guy. Or well some really odd people in this one neighborhood. Lol Elder Romero and I were like.....what just happened. Oh and by the way, some people here think we are spies from the CIA. But that is what we have been working on. I also made tacos for the ward. They turned out pretty good! Lol I forgot the garlic but they were good anyhow. The branch president loved it! And then I taught them all how to make their own tacos. 

So yesterday Elder Stull and I went on a division. The other elders went to another area. But we are both really new missionaries and so it was a bit scary speaking to other people and teaching them cause we both had doubts about if the other people would have a question and we wouldn't be able to answer them. But so we went out, did some contacting and we found this super cool lady and son. Lol we taught them and we were able to understand everything. We felt so pumped after teaching them. We really felt like we had helped these people and that we could feel the spirit testify to them. We won't be able to teach them any more but it was still great. I am going to give the reference to Elder Romero cause he is staying here. 

Oh and so I made a stir fry this week. Lol I am turning into quite the chef lol. Unfortunately my companion didn't like it. He didn't tell me that straight up. Lol cause he is such a good guy and didn't want to hurt my feelings. But I believe that he didn't like it cause it was a whole different type of cooking that he was not used to. I actually really liked it. I am doing pretty good! Just working. Hope everything is well in your lives. I know that God loves us and he gave us this life for us to gain experience and to learn. I know that His plan is perfect! Have a great week! See you all later!

Chow chow!
 
Elder Christopher Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment