Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011


Hey family,

Just so you know I sent some of the photos I have. [See Below.  Click on the photo to make it bigger] Hope you like them. But this week was a pretty good week. I was pretty beat! 

This week we were able to eat with one of our investigator families. We ate pizza! lol It was really good and they are progressing pretty well. Their names are Ruben and Evelin and they are super awesome! We have fun chatting with them. We were with them the other day and chatted with them. They are so funny and their little daughter is addicted to coca cola. She says coooooca which means that she wants to drink coca cola. They said they were going to attend church this week but they weren't able to make it which was a bit sad. But there is next week! 

Elder Romero and I are getting along pretty well. I am getting better at speaking everyday. lol We went to a restaurant today in Gualeguaychu. and they make sub sandwiches! Like Subway! And so we went to eat and I was ordering. It was a man and a lady working there. They asked me where i was from and I was like USA!!!!!! And they were like oh so you speak English we do too. Apparently they lived in New Zealand for 6 months or so studying English. While they were there, they loved to eat at Subway and so when they returned they had the idea of creating their own Subway in Gualeguaychu! It was soooo good! I felt really american eating a Subway sandwich and drinking Gatorade! 

Also this week we were able to help a new member of the church. She needed this wall torn down. So, we were happy to do it! I told the lady we helped that it was really fun to do this service project. I like to destroy things like walls and not get in trouble for it! Haha. Anyhow, that was fun. 

Oh and I tried to play the trumpet of one of the members we were visiting. It's so difficult to play the trumpet. I couldn't make it sound at all and when it finally did, it sounded like a dying cow. So I decided I would stick with the piano. We have some really cool investigators and hopefully they will want to be baptized soon. The ward is doing pretty good here. Every Thursday we have a family home evening that we have to do. This week we played a jeopardy game. The ward had a real fun time. We are still studying about the Atonement. It is so impressive what Jesus did for me! Well I have got to go! Love you all! I can't believe that it is almost six months into my mission. I am going to burn a tie! See ya later!

Chow!

Elder Gibbs



















No comments:

Post a Comment