Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 5, 2011


[Editor's note...Okay I am caught up now!  I didn't have time to edit for punctuation so, again, you get to enjoy Chris' emails in their natural state.  Enjoy!]

Hey Family what is up!!!!

This week has been good and tiring! lol I hope I dont fall asleep while typing this letter. I am going to start this email by telling you what I did today. 

so two weeks ago we had a little competition and the winner got to have a special preparation day with their whole zone. and we won and yesterday we traveled from gualeguaychu to concordia. lol we arrived pretty late and so me, Elders Romero, cortez, and castillo didnt want to wake up today. but everyone was just so stoked and excited for preparation day! yay prep day! lol and so we woke up and left to go play some soccer. we played soccer for 7 hours and then went to see an old abandoned argentine castle which was pretty cool. we returned and ate pizza and ice cream! lol soooooo goooood! and then we played some more soccer! so many missionaries are sunburnt! including me! I have been getting pretty good at soccer! lol I have been playing soccer a ton with some latinos so I should be getting better at soccer! I was one of the better yankee players ( pronounced shankee because y and ll make a sh sound). and ya they call us all yankees cause we are from america. but ya i scored some goals and showed people how we be playing soccer in the states! lol ya right! but it definatly was really fun and so worth to get sunburnt! we are going to leave soon from concordia. also the mission president came to concordia to enjoy preparation day with us. it was quite fun! 

anyhow this week has been pretty successful for the mission.  we have been teaching this awesome family. its a man and his girlfriend who have a daughter. they are pretty young. about 25ish. really funny. lol we are pretty good friends with them and we are going to eat with them tomorrow! yeayahhhhh!!! and she is making pizza!!!!!!!!!!! lol I feel like a ninja turtle the way that i love pizza! but they are doing well and are accepting a lot of the gospel. and super awesome! and the most awesome thing is that they showed up for church yesterday!!! we didnt think any of our investigators would show up. and they showed up. and further more they said they liked it! so we are going to continue teaching them. we found some more new people to teach. we taught this single mom and her family. she let us in and listened to our message and was really excepting. and the branch here is doing pretty well too. I am loving the work. 

Spanish is going really well. often I feel like I stink at speaking but then other times people tell me I speak really well. lol and so spanish has been like a roller coaster! but I am enjoying my time here. I love you all. sorry I cant write much more cause we are going to be leaving for the bus pretty soon! 

this week I studied a bit about the atonement. it is so impressive what God and Jesus have done for us. I learned that in another language atonement means to reseat yourself in the presence of God. and that is what it is. it is the Grace of Jesus that helps us reseat ourselves in the presence of God! without it we would be lost and could not return to God. I am so thankful for Jesus and what he has done for me! all we need to do is use this atonement in our lives by repenting of our sins and continually trying to live the commandments of God more closely and we will live with God again! once again i love you all! I am thankful for all you guys have done for me! see ya later!

Elder Gibbs who is red as a lobster right now!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chris sounds great - healthy and happy. I have to laugh at that sunburn. Hope the Yankee recovers soon. Thanks for the great posts Ryan and Steph.

    ReplyDelete