Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19, 2011


This week has been pretty good. And really tiring. We were trying to find some of the members that don't come to church anymore and we ended walking for like 30 miles!!!! Sooo far. Lol oh and also, I was in the store buying our food, and guess what I found..... sauerkraut. Lol so I cooked up a hot dog and ate basically bratwurst and sauerkraut and bread. Sooooo good! Also I am turning into quite the chef. For some reason my companion doesn't want to do any cooking. So I do the cooking which is alright with me, but it makes me miss my mom a ton. I love your food mom. Oooohh and also it makes me miss living with Ryan and Stephanie. 

So we found this cool couple this week and we taught them about Joseph Smith and it made me think of what Joseph Smith was searching for. He was searching for a church to baptize himself in, because he knew that he couldn't return to live with God without being baptized and therefore he was looking for the true church. He asked everyone what was the church of God and everyone said that it was their church. I am grateful for the things Joseph Smith has done for me and for the world in Restoring the true Church of Christ. 

Yesterday we found a family that doesn't come to church anymore and we talked with them. They are super nice! The man has become an atheist or well sort of atheist. We are really not sure what he believes in. He has some atheist ideas but somewhat believes there is a God. We had a pretty interesting discussion with him yesterday. Lol he LOVES to ask questions. Lol it was driving his wife crazy! But, we were alright with his questions and happy to answer them. I think that they will be starting to come to church again which is awesome! 

Also this week I was reading in the Book of Mormon about the dream of Lehi.  It really has some profound things you can find in it. I especially love how it says that if you hold to the rod of iron, the devil will have no power over you. The rod of iron is the word of God. And so if we listen to the Prophet and read the scriptures the devil has no power over us. It makes me want to listen more attentively to General Conference this week. Or next week. Lol when ever it is. I am so confused about the time. It passes by soooooo quickly. I can't believe that I have been in the mission for 6 MONTHS. This transfer has flown by really quickly. Lol I hardly even know my companion. 

Oh and Gualeguaychu is so pretty right now. Oh man I wish you could all see it right now. Today we walked by the river and oh man its so awesome! So everything is going well here. We were pretty close to having some baptisms next week but they weren't able to come to church yesterday and so we will have to work with them some more. But I am doing great! My legs are pretty dead from all of the walking. And so is my body. We helped one of our converts destroy a wall again and then shovel all of the pieces out! That was a work out! I was so tired after but it was quite enjoyable. I love you all! Hope you all have a great week!

See yall later!

Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment