Friday, July 13, 2012

June 18, 2012 (with Pictures!)

Hey family,
we have had anther great week with some pretty cool experiences. lol something that was pretty cool that happened to us came from a mistake. lol we were traveling on a bus to a part of the city far from our apartment. and we accidentally took the wrong bus and so it started taking us away from where we were supposed to go. I was like oooooh nnooooo. so we got off quickly and started walking to where we were wanting to go in the first place. we were a little far from our destination so we decided to tract and work around where we were. we knocked doors but nothing. we knocked another door and nothing. there happened to be a guy in front of the next house. we talked to him and made him laugh a bit. He then was like hey do you want to come in and talk and drink máte with me. we were like sure but we dont want to drink mate. Mate is a tea that the argentines are crazy about! I tried it once and it didnt taste super good. but its just part of the culture here. 

but so the man named Alberto let us in to his small house which was behind another house. we talked about his family and his beliefs. we told him we had a special message to share with him and we told him that God loves him and answers prayers. he told us next time he would like some answers to his questions. so we are going back on Saturday. lol its pretty cool how God sets people in our path so we can find them. lol even if I made a mistake by taking a different bus. This man seems ready to have the Gospel. and we are excited to share it with him! Our other investigators are doing real well. we should have some baptisms of people in like a week or so. we are working hard and teaching some awesome lessons. also we have begun to teach english lessons. I didnt even know that I knew how to teach english. spanish is getting real easy now for me. I am loving it! the people here are soo awesome I love it. sorry parents it looks like I wont be coming home in March. I am staying forever!

Love you all!

Elder Gibbs

Pictures!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment