Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 16, 2012

What is up family?

so this week has gone by really fast! lol we are already at the end of another transfer. lol I cant handle how fast time flies. This week we went to Santa Fe to have interviews with our mission president. my mission presidente is so cool! He taught me a bunch of importante and cool stuff. We talked about things to do to get more faith and he gave me the suggestion of looking up examples in the book of mormon. 

this week I have been reading about Abinadi in the Book of Mormon. I love the awesome example that abinadi gives. Abinadi was a bold and good man. He went in before the king to tell him what the king was doing wrong. lol I would be afraid just to go in to talk to a king. but Abinadi did it because he had faith in the Lord. To the death, Abinadi showed his faith in God. Abinadi was such a great man! I want to meet him someday lol. I loved having the interviews with the president. I felt his love for me and he wanted me to achieve the blessings that God has in store for me. I have been blessed with a great mission president. also he is an engineer! lol we have a lot in common i think. 

So we have an investigator that can be baptized this week. Elder Montes, Mariel and I went to teach her about the importance of reading the book of mormon, praying, and going to church. it was a great lesson and we felt the spirit a lot. the investigator had a sister over who told me that I speak really good Spanish. lol I told her I don't think so. but I felt really good inside that I can communicate myself well in Spanish. Also we taught this family of three. we were teaching them the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. and we used the DVD of the restoration to explain how God restored His gospel. The spirit was so strong during the movie! the investigators felt the spirit and so did I! I have had so many great experiences in the mission field! well I love you all! have a great week!

Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment