Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 2, 2012

Hey family,

How did you all like general conference? I loved it. I could really feel the holy ghost testify to me that they are messengers of God. I really liked the talk by Elder Uchtdorf where he talked about judging others and how we should just stop it and not judge others. cause we dont know what others have been through. I also like the talk about how the mission is a mini life of learning. and its so true. I have learned so much while being here on the mission. and I am still learning more and more everyday. it was real fun watching general conference and hearing the choir sing come thou fount of every blessing. what a powerful hymn!!!! I loved it. it was a super great conference to go to. we traveled to the stake center in Santa Fe to go watch it. then we stayed over night with some other missionaries and returned the next day to watch the rest!! it was awesome but past by so quickly. just like Elder Eyering said our trials make time seem to make time go by slower. and I believe the opposite is true too. when we are enjoying something it goes by so quickly. and so it was for general conference. 



This week we taught Oscar and Monica about the book of mormon. we read a chapter in the book of mormon. they understood very well the scriptures. we talked about how Lehi was obedient to the Lord and he was blessed and how Laman and Lemuel murmured and were not blessed. it was a great day. we also taught Marcelina about the Word of Wisdom and how God gave us these rules about what we can consume and not for our own good. later Mariel came and we cut her lawn and trimmed her trees as a service project. it was a lot of fun. Mariel told me I was like one of those wind up toys that never dies. I kept trimming and cutting cause it was soo fun. lol I love doing service it helps me relax and forget all my problems. Those were the main things that happened this week. nothing super funny happened this week. these were the highlights of the week! well love you all! have a great week!


Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment