Monday, January 16, 2012

December 31, 2011


Hey family,
 
What is up! we had a pretty sweet week! and I had a pretty awesome birthday! oh and an awesome Christmas! lol I bought floating lanterns for Elder Yorgason and me. and that was really fun. lol I got them on videos. lol too bad the lanterns got caught in trees. but at least Elder Yorganson´s lantern didn't burn up. lol mine flew for like 5 seconds and then turned into a giant floating fire hazard. it was sad and Elder yorgason just laughed. but all in all nothing was damaged. except for my lantern that now does not exist. I did get a sweet movie of it. I will have to send it to you guys. but that will be next week. 

Before we had lit off the lanterns, we went to visit a member at her house. we put on our Santa hats and sang Christmas Carols all the way over there. lol people were like hey its Santa Clause! and we were like YEAH! it was a nice Christmas. Thanks everyone for the packages and the sweets! they were amazing! oh and so I now turned 20 and one of our investigators made me a cake! yay! it was sooooo good! lol and it is still really good! cause we haven't been able to eat it all yet. there is ssooooo much. the lady who made it is a super nice lady. and she is a really good investigator of the church and she makes really good cakes. 

So yesterday we had an awesome experience with this investigator named Lali. He is a 76 year old man. super nice. we had a great lesson. we discussed the Restoration of the Church with him. earlier he had asked us to not pray with him. so we were kind of bummed about that. but anyhow we finished up and then my companion was like ´´ is it alright if we finish this discussion with a prayer´´ and he was like ´´ I told you last time that we shouldn't pray together because we have different religions.´´ I was thinking yeah Elder. don't you remember. then my companion was like ´´okay then is it alright if you just say the prayer?´´ and he was like alright. I thought he was a little angered at my companion. lol and apparently my companion thought the same. so he said the prayer and we started to leave through the door. He then approached us with tears in his eyes and said ´´Thank you so much for letting me pray. you have no idea how much it means to me´´ he said some more stuff but that was the gist of it all. it was just a super awesome experience. obviously my companion was acting under the guidance of the Holy Ghost. at the time, he didn't even know what he was doing. but everything turned out really well. my testimony of the gospel grew a lot at that lesson! 

we also were able to teach another investigator called Valeria about the Restoration. She should be getting a testimony very rapidly. things are going real well here in Galvez. lol I got kissed on the cheek by a 80 year old lady from the church here yesterday. lol we had an activity at the church and they all sang happy birthday to me and then this old lady named Teresa snuck up on me ninja style and kissed me on the the cheek saying ´´Feliz cumpliaño querido.´´ lol I was embarrassed a little. lol especially when my companion was like ´´Get some!!!!´´ to me after. lol sooo funny. we are doing good. we are now looking for a new place to live because the owner of our apartment is selling it. we have some really awesome investigators right now. we hope to be having some baptisms soon! I am doing alright. lol I have been having an upset stomach lately. and it hurts! but I will be fine. well anyhow. I cant believe that I am now 20 years old! time is flying too fast! well I got too go! see you all later! watch out for 80 year old ladies and have a great week! talk to you all later!

Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment