Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 8, 2011

(Editor's note:  The email subject line for this letter was "My legs are getting SOO buff!")


Hey familia,

So as I put in the subject for this email I remembered that my legs were getting super buff from all of the walking lol and running from dogs. Remember on the best two years, from all the walking and tracting my (legs) have become quite beautiful. Lol I added in the leg part and I didn't feel like actually typing what they say in the movie. I am so tired but the work is going great. 

Our new branch presidente is doing awesome stuff here in Gualeguaychú. I have definitely seen the Lord´s hand in helping with the work. A lot of the members hearts have changed and they are growing together. They used to be way ununified but now they are all working together. It is definitely a miracle that the Lord has done. As for the work we are doing pretty good. Elder Towner and I are doing a bunch of tracting and visiting members and investigators. We have quite a few investigators. One we visited this week is way awesome! His name is Julio. We taught him a few times, but he has said that since the first time he met us, his life has turned around financially. Like he was suffering and didn't have a job and his family was struggling. But now they find it much easier to live and to earn money. But the best thing is that he wants to learn about the gospel. He has been searching for the true church for a while. He attended quite a few different churches but didn't feel like he found the one. We taught him and he felt that the things we were teaching him were true. He read about Joseph Smith and loved his story. We need to visit him again but as for now things are going quite well. We have other investigators too but that was probably the most awesome thing that has happened.

Also we are going to have a baptism this Saturday. My companion will be baptizing her. So that will be way awesome too! The transfer is nearly up and so Elder Towner and I are pretty nervous to see what will happen. Either he will be leaving Gualeguaychú or I. Either way will be alright. Thanks Stephanie and Mom and Paul and Dad for the emails it was awesome to hear what was happening. Lol Sam and Austin sound so funny. And it sounds like they are growing a ton! I hope things go well for you Stephanie and Ryan. Lol and Mom I miss your cooking. Lol a nineteen and twenty year-old cannot cook. So mom if you have any real easy recipes you would like to send me that would be greatly appreciated. I am really wishing I did more cooking before the mission. As for now I am an alright chef. Lol it is really nice to go eat at the different members houses. They always feed us really well. Sometimes too well and I get a stomach cramp walking back from their houses. I always amaze Elder Towner with how much I eat. I miss homemade Cafe Rio a ton!!! The food here in Argentina is real interesting. They do not like to eat spicy foods. Lol one time a family was feeding us and the whole family was complaining about how there was too much spice and it was sooo hot. Lol Towner and I loved it. There was a perfect amount of spice. Lol last week Elder Towner and I found some cans of baked beans at the super market. So we went crazy and bought the rest of them. Which really was only like 3 cans. But it was soo good to eat something american! 

Oh and does Jon have an email Allison? Or something. I am really glad to hear about the things that have happened back at home! We are doing great in Argentina. Just getting some hard work done! Oh and last week I gave myself my first ever haircut! Lol Elder Towner had some hair clippers and I gave myself a haircut. And it was quite..........................a mess. Lol I did alright cutting the front of my hair but the back was a disaster. I clipped some bald spots onto the hair right above my ear. And on the back of my head there were giant patches of long hair with patches of short hair. For an emo haircut, it was pretty good! But for a missionary haircut it wouldn't do. Lol so Elder Towner had to work some magic and fix it. That is that last time I use different sizes of clips on the back of my head. But I might keep giving myself haircuts. They are much cheaper than having to go to a barber or what not. If I used one size of a clipper my hair would probably have turned out better. But for a first try I thought it was pretty sweet! Anyhow I hope everything is going well! I love you all! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. God still loves His children and guides His church as He did in the Bible. Also I know that God answers our prayers. Always He answers our prayers. He has answered a ton of my prayers! I am grateful for the things God has given me in my life. My life has been so awesome and super blessed! I am grateful for my family and my friends! Love you all! Peace!
 
Elder Gibbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment