Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 1, 2011

Hola familia,

So I hear things are going well in life for all of you guys. I am doing fine in Argentina. Had a pretty good week. So we started out the week by my companion having to go to a meeting or ´capacitacion´ or something in Spanish. It was held in a city called ParanĂ¡. My companion went with another missionary from a different area and so I was working with his companion. His companion had 2 weeks in the mission and so he was fairly new with the language. Lol and so I had to do most of the talking. There was no one to help me with understanding other people. So that made me really nervous. Lol I was so nervous. I prayed to Heavenly Father to be able to understand people and to bless me with the gift of tongues. It was amazing! That day my Spanish was so much better than normal! I was able to communicate with everyone. Lol don't get me wrong my Spanish was far from perfect but I didn't have much problems with communicating. In fact the other elder didn't understand what people would say to him so I would translate for him and help him out! Lol crazy! 

I know for sure that I have a Heavenly Father that loves and cares for me. He has answered so many of my prayers! I know that God exists and that he loves and cares for all of His children. This work is super important to him and I am sure that is why He blessed me with the ability to speak Spanish. So things went good that Tuesday and we were able to teach some people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was actually quite fun being the more experienced missionary. But I was still quite happy when Elder Towner, my companion, came back. It was a great experience. 

We taught our regular families in this city but nothing much happened. We were going to have a baptism this weekend but the lady wasn't able to come to church today. She is a great person and has read the Book of Mormon THREE TIMES!!!! in the last two years and she isn't even a member of the church yet. So we hope things can go well for her. 

Oh and so we were at a family's house yesterday and they pulled out this book of natural healing methods and I was like oh man! My mom would love this book!!!! Lol but I think she already knows all of this. It had some really interesting things in it and so I might try finding it. It was cool that I was able to kind of connect with them. I have an interest in being healthy. Lol even though I eat a bunch of candy and unhealthy stuff. I do like to be healthy every once in a while. So that was cool. It is so interesting all of the blessings God will give us if we take care of our bodies! That is why He gave us the word of wisdom. For me now it is so easy not to take drugs or anything. I have so many blessings from not doing it that I don't have a desire to use them. 

But ya so how is the family doing? I heard from dad some stuff! How is Allison and Jon and Steph and Ryan doing? I love all of you! Have a great time! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints is the true church. We have the fullness of the Gospel, not just parts of it. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God comparable to the Bible. Keep reading it! My life has benefited from just reading the Book of Mormon. I am going to continue working and preaching the Gospel. Lol Hopefully I will have some amazing story for you all next week! But I gotta run! Peace! Love all of yall!

Elder Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment