Friday, July 15, 2011

July 5, 2011

Hola familia,
 
Sorry for responding late this week. I forgot to tell you all that on transfer weeks we have our preparation day on Tuesday. But ya so we have had an all right week. Nothing much happened. Lol besides Elder Towner getting sick and then me getting sick. Lol it's a den of disease. Elder Towner got sick last night from some food poisoning. Lol Soooo frustrating. But it was alright. I am still playing the piano for sacrament. I have to learn new songs every week in like 2 hours. I have only played like one song for them that I already knew and soooooo I am getting really good at sight reading the music.  Lol. But it's all good cause I love playing the piano! 

Last week we got to go to another city for Elder Towner to do an interview for an investigator who was going to get baptized. We went to the city Concepcion de Uraguay and we visited the guy. The man had his interview and now he is a member. So awesome! He seemed so excited. Lol I wish we could get another baptism soon but we need to stop getting sick and everything. So in Concepcion we went on divisions. I worked with an Elder Cortez from El Salvador. He was way cool! He could only speak Spanish and so it was great practice. We did 40 contacts between the two of us, which was quite a bit. We even found a lady who was interested in hearing about the gospel. We taught the first lesson together and she even prayed to know if our message was true. I haven't heard anything more yet from the Elders in Concepcion but I bet everything is going great. But after that trip to Concepcion Elder Towner and I were sick for like 4 days straight. So Lame!!!  But ya and then we recovered and worked a bit more. 

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!! Elder Towner and I had a little 4th of July party. Lol really little! Like it was just us and a little firework candle. We lit the candle off and sang the Star Spangled Banner really off tune! It was really funny. I will send the video real soon. But that was about all that happened. 

I read in the scriptures in 1 Nephi 2:15 which says ´´and my father dwelt in a tent´´. it is now one of my favorite scriptures. Lol one reason that I like this scriptures is because it is really short. Haha the other is that it shows how much Lehi was willing to follow the Lord. Lehi in Jerusalem was very wealthy and had a lot of possessions and lots of land and everything. When the Lord told him to leave Jerusalem, he took nothing with him. He went from living in a mansion to living in a tent. Lehi is sooo awesome! This week I tried to think of someway that I could follow the Lord better and do what he has asked of me. Lol like getting out of bed on time or using my time more wisely or stuff like that. I am so thankful for the scriptures and for the teachings that are in them. I am thankful for people like Lehi and Nephi and all of the other prophets. They set a great example for me. I am also grateful for the people in my life who set a great example for me. Everyone I know has made an impression on my life which has made me really grateful. I love the scriptures and love to find teachings in them. I know they are true. 

Thanks Dad for telling me to read in 1 Kings about Elijah! I am defiantly going to do that. Sounds like such an awesome man! It was good to hear from all of you! I am stoked for Rachel and Paul! They are going to have so much fun going to AFY. Lol I am way jealous! It's really cool to hear how everything is going! I love you all! Hope that you are having a great week! DONT GET SICK!!!!!! It is not fun AT ALL!!!  Hope that all goes well! I still can't believe I have been on the mission for a whole 3 almost 4 months. It felt like yesterday that I was dropped off at the MTC! Saying goodbye to my Mommy and Daddy! Haha but it is awesome!

Talk to you all later! Hopefully we will have a better week next week!
 
Elder Gibbs
 
That is soooo coool! Elder Gibbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment