Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 18, 2011

Mi familia como esta!

My companion and I are doing well in Gualeguaychu! Lol I love saying that name! We recently had un dia de milagros! A day of miracles! Yesterday the mission president came and called a new branch president! The new president is named President Martinelli! He is a great guy and will help this area a TON! We had sacrament meeting and we had six investigators come to the church! Lol that is six more than we had for the last 2 months! We had almost all of one family come! Their name is Bulo and 4 of them came which was awesome! Then the brother of the new branch president came. He wants to learn more, but is scared of what his dad would say to him. And also another lady came that we have been teaching. She wants to be baptized and is waiting to get married in December. So that was awesome. The sacrament meeting was soo spiritual and had an awesome spirit. It was good for both members and investigators. I played the hymns for sacrament really well. Lol another miracle. And then after church we were helping the new branch president set up some stuff and I decided to go practice the piano downstairs and so I was playing some child's hymns and a group of teenagers came in. They just moved to GualeguaychĂș from Companas. They were recent members of the church which will help strengthen the branch here. Also one was not a member and he told us that he had come to church a couple of times and wanted to be baptized! Soooo awesome! And also their mother wants to be baptized. So we may very well be having two baptisms in the future. It was awesome! After that I made some french toast and it turned out really good! Lol but that, the french toast, for sure was not the greatest miracle. So we believe things are going to turn around in this city and become really strong. 

It really is cool what God does for His children to help them achieve eternal life. I love reading the scriptures and seeing how God helps each of His children. I know that God loves each and everyone one of us and has provided us with the scriptures. I was reading about how the Book of Mormon can help people´s lives. God really wants us to be happy and have fun and joyful lives! This Gospel certainly can help people enjoy their lives and to be happy. 

There is a new member here and her name is Beatrice. Her life is super difficult! She lives with her children and grandchildren. They don't have much of anything but are so nice and giving. Lol my companion told them that I threw up last Monday and they were loading me up with healthy tea packets and pills and everything. So funny. I was like, "It's really all right. It was my own fault that I threw up." But still they didn't take no for an answer so I had to take it. But this lady named Beatrice you can see it in her countenance and in her eyes how much she loves the gospel and the scriptures. She loves to read the lyrics of the hymns and just feel the spirit in them. So awesome! Lol she doesn't even know the how the songs go but she loves the message in them. She let me read one and really it had an awesome message. Like it says in the scriptures, a song of the heart is a prayer unto God. I love music and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Awesome! Lol I love the word awesome too! Awesome! 

Oh and so about how I threw up. I ate a bunch of really bad food! First I ate two alfajores which are like three cookies with dulce de leche in between each and then covered in a coating of chocolate! They are soooooooo good! Paul you would definitely be in heaven. Oh and by the way Paul thanks a lot for your email! I loved it! I am so stoked that you are going to get to play the new zelda game. Lol my companion and I joke about the old game ocorina of time. And its pretty awesome! Love ya bro man! Oh and so how did you and rachel like AFY? The youth here just came back from one down here and they loved it. Such a good program. Anyhow, after the two alfajores, we made some homemade onion rings cooked in lard (ewwwwww) but I still ate it. And too much of it. Then I drank some malta which is kind of like hot chocolate, and a banana which is kind of like a banana, and then an orange and some herbal tea and then a piece of some awesome super delicious cake. And by then is was tooo much. My companion was talking on the cell phone and he looked over and I was lying on the floor wishing to die! I threw up like 3 times that night and my companion video taped!  I could send you guys the videos but I don't think you would like them. They are kind of gross! Anyhow, after I was sick we rested the next day and then went out to preach the gospel! And now I am more careful about what I eat. But we are teaching some awesome families and having a great time! I hear things are going well for all of you! I love all of you! Family and friends! The Church is true! It is the church of Jesus Christ! 

Gotta blast! Have a great week! Love yall!

Elder Chris Gibbs!!!! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment