Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hey family and friends!
So this week was not the most productive week we have had.  We visited a family that all had Bronchitis.  Lol and I caught bronchitis from them.  Lol it was horrible!  First we had to find out if it really was bronchitis.  So we went to the hospital.  DON'T GO TO HOSPITALS in ARGENTINA.  I asked my companion how much it was going to be to talk to the doctor, and he was like ´´oh it is free´´.  So I thought this is great!  I love having free medical care.  Thanks socialized medicare or whatever.  Yeah right.  I soon saw all the problems.  The hospital was nasty and really scary!  I am so thankful for America and for their hospitals.  Lol I miss them.  But ya so I found out that I did in fact have bronchitis, and that I wasn't going to die.  Then I had to go buy some medicine and then for the next like 3 days I did nothing but sleep and try to heal up and study the scriptures.  It got really lame, but I got over it.  My allergies are now calming down.  I followed the tips to use to get rid of allergies.  Well, most of them and they have been helping.  I am now eating better.  Lol well sort of.  One of the members from the church came to our apartment and brought some raw natural honey.   Now my allergies are like pretty much gone!  It's a miracle.  So if any of you ever get allergies eat honey it really helps. 

This week, we ate with the family of the girl that got baptized last week.  The family is getting really strong in the church.  The father is wanting to get more active in the church and to get the priesthood.  He even is going to change jobs so he doesn't work on Sunday!  So awesome!  The mom and dad are going to get married so the mom can be baptized also.  So awesome!  They were so happy that they invited us over to eat.  They told us that they were going to eat a soup called locro.  They told me a bit about what was in it, like garbanzo beans, lentils, some more beans, carrots, potatoes.  I didn't catch that there were pig skin chunks in the soup.   Lol like the stuff they make footballs out of.  I ate a football.  So Elder Towner told me what was in the soup, and I was terrified.  I was like how do I get out of this?  I didn't get out of eating the soup.  We arrived and helped set up.  Ironically, someone was killing a pig like a block over.  So I was hearing a bunch of pigs squealing as they got prepared to be eaten.  I was sickened so bad.  There is no other worse sound than hearing a pig getting killed.  My life is never going to be the same.  So I started eating the soup.  Being all nice and polite I just dug into that soup and ate it pretty quick.  I felt awesome!  I overcame all the soup.  So then the father took my bowl and dished me another.....I was about to cry!  So I quickly ate this one.  While I was eating, I saw some like hairy type of meat.  I thought it was pig skin.  Elder Towner later told me that it was mundongo.  Cow stomach lining.  A lot of people say it is like eating a towel.  It looks all fuzzy and stuff.  So I was really disgusted, but I ate the second bowl.  The family thought I loved it.  Which it was good! I did actually like the vegetables and the flavoring. It was just the meat I couldn't get over.  But, I ate it.  The family is sooo nice.  I couldn't make them feel bad!  So I ate it.  And later today we are going to eat some barbecued cow intestine.  But the people hear are really nice!  So it is all right! 

Last Sunday, the branch president asked me to give a talk.  So I gave a talk and then I played the piano for sacrament.  The branch is loving having a person to play the piano!  They are soo awesome!  So we were visiting a non-member family and the boyfriend of the daughter came to visit her.  He is an atheist.  We talked to him and found out what he believes.  Then we shared what we believe.  He does not believe in God.  How sad is that?  What is the point of living?  Why are we here on earth if we are just going to die and not exist?    Where do we go after death?  I am so glad I have the gospel in my life and we have the answers of all the questions of life.  There is a God and He loves us and cares for us.  He created our spirits and our bodies and everything on earth.  I know that this life is a test to see if we follow God or Satan.  We follow God by repenting, following the commandments, and by being baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  There is life after death.  We can live with God again.  I am soo thankful for the things God has done for me.  He has blessed my life so much.  He has given me an awesome family!  He blessed me with some of the best friends ever!  From St. George, Logan, and from all around the world.  All of the people I know have blessed my life!  Love you all!  He has let me know the truth of life through the church.  I love my Heavenly Father.  And I love my earthly father and family!  You are all the best I love all of my friends!  My life is so great and so blessed that I am happy to give back to the Lord by giving 2 years of my life!  It's so hard right now being in Argentina and to be a missionary!  But I am loving it too!  I love you all and I hope that you are all doing well!  Spanish is going great!  It's just really hard to understand people and to speak.  Okay so the Spanish isn't going sooooo well.  But, I am working on it.  Have a great next week!  And don't get Bronchitis!  Lol it's not fun!  Trust me on this one!  I would love to hear from you all!

Love you family!
Elder Christopher Gibbs Conquerer of all of Bronchitis

No comments:

Post a Comment