Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19, 2011

Hello,
 
So this week has been pretty crazy cuz we are going to be leaving real soon!  Lol its crazy how time flies when you are having fun!  So we leav the mtc on Monday at 8 and get there around 10 or 11 possibly so be expecting a call Mom and Dad.  They let us call our family at the airports.  So like in Atlanta and possibly Buenos Aires you might also get a call.  But ya it will be way cool to talk to you all!  

So Elder Birky and I get along really well!  We teach fairly well together too.  We were asked by the zone leaders to give a lesson out of the missionary handbook about preparation day and even our branch president gave us compliments on how well we taught together.  He called us both back to the front of the meeting and praised us.  Lol I was like wow......I didn't even think that I did very well.  He said we taught together as one, that we did well to ask questions and stuff.  So that made us feel really good! 

This week has been way different.  So we were also asked to demonstrate to the new missionaries on how to begin teaching.  I don't know if we were recomennded to do it or what but we did.  It was quite fun.  We had microphones hooked up to us and we taught a lesson in front of like 40 people.  That was an amazing spirit.  I am so glad I have Elder Birky as a companion because when us has trouble saying something we pick up the slack for the other. 

For this fireside we didn't have an apostle.  We had President Gordon B. Hinckley's son, which was sooo funny! He was actually kind of goofy.  I loved it!  But besides that he was really spritual and had a lot of good tips!  And he sounds and acts A LOT like his father the prophet! 

So another thing is we were going to sing one final song on Sunday to our branch.  We were singing the EFY medley in Spanish.  After that we were just goofing around singing hymns in the children's hymn book and we sang A Child's Prayer!!!!!  I love this song!!!!  I think it may be my favorite song now!  That song has such a great spirit!  I know it is because the lyrics are inspired words from God.  In the song it talks about how Heavenly Father answers every child's prayer!  And I know that He does!  He has answered my prayers countless times!  I can feel His love all around me as I pray!  I know He loves me and everyone on this earth! He cares for us unconditionally.  If we mess up, He still loves us and wants us to turn to him!  I love this and I am so glad that our Heavenly Father loves us and has given us a way that we can return to live with Him forever!!!!  I know that if we listen to the words of the prophet Thomas S. Monson, we can know what God wants us to do.  God has not left us alone in the world.  He has given us ancient prophets and prophets today.  Because he loved the people back then and he loves the people now!!!!  He is unchanging from yesterday, today and forever!  I love Him and His Son Jesus Christ!  I am so happy that I know these truths!  That is just something that I have felt this week. 

I have the watch you gave me dad and I love it!  Lol I predicted the weather from it to my district.  I said according to my watch the weather is going to get worse, and it did lol it snowed the next day.  Oh Mom and Dad and Paul I got the letters from you!  I loved them sooooo much!  Paul lol you are sooo funny!  I laughed about the new ice cream guy on the street.  Oh and I heard that the new Zelda game has a name, but I don't know what it is.  Could you tell me? 

Mom I forgot to say this. Sorry, but Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!  I love you sooo much!  I love my family soooooo much.  I love you Dad and Mom and Steph and Ryan and Rachel, Allison, John, Paul, Sam and Austin.  I am sooo happy you are my family members and that I can spend eternity with you!  I am soo happy that my parents made the decision to be married in the temple!  Sorry but you are all stuck with me forever!!!!!  I love you and I am glad to be serving the Lord!!! 

Have a good week!  I will talk to you soon!  Elder Gibbs!

[Here are some pictures Chris sent!]










 

No comments:

Post a Comment