Friday, May 13, 2011

May 12, 2011

So this week has been really cool!!!!  As always!  We have got our travel plans for going to Argentina.  So we are getting ready to leave!  We leave on the 23rd at 8 am!  At the airport I get to have a phone call home, so I was going to call your phone dad at 435 229...... number!  So I am way excited.  Spanish is going good as ever.  And I am getting a little more comfortable in spanish.  Lol I think that is going to change when I get to Argentina though.....


So on this Tuesday we had another apostle come to speak to us.  It was Elder Neil L. Anderson!  He was great!  He had a strong spirit.  One thing that I learned about is the atonement.  He said that the grace of Christ kicks in after we have done all we can.  It makes us something we are not.  And so it just helped me rely more on Christ and His help to help me in the language.  He said many other wonderful things, but the most amazing thing was after the devotional.  He came and Shook our hands!  I am so glad I waited to do that!  I felt kind of foolish after I did though.  Lol when I shook his hand I said "Thank you President Anderson............ELDER Anderson."  Lol I don't think he minded, but it was just funny!  [Editor's Note: President Anderson is the Stake President of the Bloomington Utah Stake in St. George]  


So this last Saturday, I did a special musical number with the zone leaders in my branch.  They sang while I accompanied on the piano.  They sang the first 2 verses, then they each sang one verse individually, then I had a little solo interlude kind of thing, and then they sang the last verse together with me accompanying on the piano.  I was so nervous because I was doing the solo part by myself and I had never previously got it 100% perfect lol.  So I was super nervous!  I said a prayer before we started to myself that I could help bring the spirit into the meeting.  So I played, and I did it perfectly.  My mind was clear and it sounded beautiful.  The Hermanas from my district were amazed!  They were like "That sounded beautiful!" and a couple were crying.  It was so awesome!  But I am positive that I had help with playing it.  


Besides that I am still playing the piano in the meetings.  It's so cool how the spirit can work through different things like pictures, music, words, even sign language.  I was talking to this Elder Greeves who was a little handicapped.  The muscles in his face did not work, but I could feel his spirit as he described an experience of teaching the lesson.  He gave his testimony in sign language, because he is on a sign language mission, and he said the spirit was soooo strong!  It was amazing!  


I know that Heavenly Father loves this Elder!  I know that He loves everyone on the earth!  I was studying the atonement and it is just so amazing the love Heavenly Father has for us and that Jesus has for us.  I know that They are living people and that we can return to live with them if we follow that guidance of the prophets and the scriptures!  I love you all and I am so happy to be on a mission!  It is so awesome!  I would love to hear from you all!!!!!  Have a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment